Working closely with our CTO you will be empowered to design and develop our bespoke, innovative cloud based change tooling, aiming to disrupt how enterprises apply agile strategy. An excellent opportunity to work on a full stack architecture and get into a company at an early stage with massive potential. You will learn a broad set of skills and tooling that work to solve many of the modern technological challenges, whilst at the same time having scope to specialise and become an expert in their own area.
We are a small team, with the product owner being one of the company founders. We release fast, build high quality and have zero bureaucracy. You will be able to work from home. This is a rare opportunity to gain a solid grounding in building enterprise software at all levels and be part of a growing company, with excellent career and remuneration progression.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Server side (nodejs) development
- Architecture/API design sessions
- UX design sessions - a great look and feel is important to us!
- Manual testing of the application
- Report directly into the CTO - we will always have a flat management structure
- Take ownership of a feature from the original idea through to production
All employees are expected to become familiar with the full stack of tools that are being used to design, develop, test, deploy and support the application. These include:>
- CucumberJs testing framework
- Aurelia front end framework
- Database: JanusGraph/AWS Neptune
- AWS CloudFormation for environment provisioning
- CucumberJs testing framework
- Jenkins CI/CD server
You are able to:
- Write simple solutions with clean code
- Test manually and create automation tests to try to ensure the quality operation of the software
- Are eager to learn and problem solve on your own and in groups
- Are keen to understand the business requirements and take responsibility for implementing the appropriate solution, bearing in mind, non-functional requirements around performance and security etc.
- Want to have a real influence on the way the company grows. Speaking up and raising concerns is encouraged!
You may also:
- Have an interest in DevOps
- Have an interest in Data Science / strong mathematical mindset
- Demonstrate personal projects
£30,000 + benefits, increasing by 50% over 3 years
Work from home, possible once a week travel to London for collaborative sessions. Initial 2/3 weeks will be spent pair programming with the CTO in Hertfordshire.
40 hours a week. Typically 9am-6pm with 1 hour for lunch as guidance, but this is flexible. Work as required for the company but also work around life commitments. For example, it’s acceptable to swap working half/full days at the weekend for free time in the week if the workload allows.
- Work from home
- Flexible hours
- Small team, no politics, cool tech.
- Company will provide any work related books that you feel are useful
- Support you in attending meetups to enrich your knowledge and give networking opportunities
- 20 days holiday a year (excluding bank holidays)
- Pension scheme